Light Wholewheat Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
This tempting pasta recipe shows how simple it is to have scrumptious wholesome food that looks as good as it tastes on the table in just minutes
Cost Per Serving
£1.50 - £1.74
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 4-5 minutes until crispy.
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, mix the soft cheese and milk together, stir in the eggs, remaining oil and hard cheese and stir into the drained spaghetti, along with the bacon. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes
- Serve immediately scattered with the chopped parsley.
- Try adding chopped mushrooms with the bacon.
Leave a tip or review