Top 10 Tips – Rapeseed Oil
Our top ten for using healthier choice rapeseed oil in everyday cooking
Rapeseed Oil Tips
Using rapeseed oil as a substitute to saturated fat can provide health benefits and is surprisingly easy to do. If you’re unsure how to use it, here are our top ten tips:
- Try out different rapeseed oils as they offer different flavours.
- Substitute your usual cooking oil for rapeseed oil to reduce the saturated fat in dishes.
- When roasting foods like potatoes, heat the oil first in the roasting tin, this way they will absorb less oil when cooking.
- Substitute rapeseed oil for butter when baking cakes or muffins to reduce the overall saturated fat content. See the recipes section of this website for some inspiring ideas.
- All oils are sensitive to heat, light and exposure to oxygen in the air. Keep them in a dark, cool and dry place to help preserve the flavour and nutrients like Vitamin E.
- Use within the use by date on the bottle. Oils should typically be consumed within 12 months of purchase.
- Remember all oils are 99% fat so use sparingly. One tablespoon of vegetable oil provides approximately 99 calories.
- A lot of vegetable oil is made using rapeseed oil. So you don’t need to buy an expensive oil to reap the benefits. Look for rapeseed oil on the ingredients label.
- Sprinkle rapeseed oil on your pizza before cooking it in the oven, or drizzle over pasta for great flavour and texture.
- Rapeseed oil is a fab and healthy choice both – perfect for stir-frys, roasting and baking – as well as salad dressings, dips, marinades and vinaigrettes
Get inspired – blogs, recipes, videos and more to liven up your day
CompetitionCompact Food Processor Giveaway Competition
AmbassadorAmuse Your Bouche Food Blogger Recipe
CompetitionRapeseed Oil Benefits Easter Baking Giveaway...